http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

28 August, 2007

The Stench of Death

What use is love for those whose hands stink of death?
What meaning does humanity hold for
those laughing through tears?

Where were the answers printed in gold?
Where were the guardians of hope on a day
when blood splattered faces spoke of a
madness that came home to roost?

We will shed two tears, perhaps burn a candle or three.
But who will wash the crimson smears off our common spaces?
Who will awaken our sleeping senses?

Stainless steel plates and plain blue chairs try
to shield a private sadness from prying public eyes.
Are you watching? Go ahead, step over crumpled
bodies, skewered limbs and satisfy your blood lust.

An eye for an eye you want in the vain hope that
you can sleep better and dream of a world
where only the righteous punish the sinners.

These rivers of dark blood smear our foreheads
and drip from hands clenched in fury.
But who will spare a thought for those whose
stories stopped with a phone call?

(Cross posted here)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger indiwriter said...

Dear Anil,
I read your comment on my blog about your poem appearing on my multiply site. Well, I dont log in there often. But I did just now.

After some investigation, I realised what is happening
- my blog is a member blog of caferati blog. When I enabled posts on multiply from my blogger account, it has apparently started posting other entries from the caferati blog too.
If you need confirmation, check the entry just above yours, on my mutiply site. It is Peter's entry saying "this blog is closed" which is found on this caferati blog also.

I am trying to see how to change the settings on multilpy so that this does not happen. I would hate to have others' content ascribed to my name!

regards,
Alaka

29 August, 2007 16:31  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page