http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

09 July, 2006

To my muse

[ I ]
~~

If we met
The seas could churn
and earth might burn,
snowcaps melt,
rainbows explode.

Then words might dance
vowels thunder,
consonants blaze
a trail of surrender.

Or perhaps

waves would glide
in mellow light,
and gentle rain
soften the night?

if we but met…

...
[ II ]
~~

Call me blood-thirsty leech
if you must.

I can see
what might ensue
but I need to burrow
deep, into
your warm presence,
feed off your brains
drink in your thoughts..

Dry tinder
burns fast.

When we meet
I might catch fire,
but I must die
for only then
my poem flowers.

~~
© Alaka Yeravadekar

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brillian and beautiful seem inadequate for this...but they are all I can offer now. Your words struck a chord...

10 July, 2006 19:33  
Blogger Adam_Lanman said...

powerful and simple. nice.

14 July, 2006 23:57  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page