http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

23 January, 2006

To an Online Friend

May be the whole thing was a dream,
Pinched myself awake this morn,
To check if you are there, virtually,
And felt your sudden absence online!

Be sure you will always exist,
In a special place in my heart,
Your smile in pixels is so sweet,
But, no, you are too good to be true!

Where are you? Do you exist?
Do you still inhabit Internet protocols?
And virtual chats and emoticons
That brought me immense joy?

Now that you are gone; are you
Among your charmed admirers?
I wish you well, I will miss you,
May you be ever happy and smiling!

Distances and togetherness,
Opposites, can’t networks cross,
I could never bridge the distances
Of your sweet kindness.

Someday, if you feel betrayed,
And so lonely that you could die,
Remember this friend who still cares,
And felt fulfilled by your brief warmth.

J

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger EarthlyTraveler said...

wow! this is nice!

03 February, 2006 05:30  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page