http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

07 January, 2006

To My Mother

You loved me
You hated me
You left me this day 0.05 hrs
Feeling empty.

As you lay helpless
Your heart beating, so slowly
I don't know
Where your spirit
So strong, so feminine
Has dissipated
Leaving this mask
Of death on your face.

I stare at you
As you lie dying
How can this corpse
Be my mother?
Mothers don't die
They create life from love
And keep nurturing the loveless.

J

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

I like the flow of thought in this poem... I just wish the last two lines were different, somehow.

13 January, 2006 15:59  
Blogger Unknown said...

Annie,

This was written in a moment of grief. So, the lack of finesse. I will try and rework those lines!

J

15 January, 2006 20:55  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page