http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

29 November, 2005

(Poem) To You from Me

(Previously posted this day this year to the Caferati Message Board)

To you from Me:

To the present You
from the absent Me,
I shall write a missive
filled with longing,
and a aching dullness
that covers every inch of my heart.

To the vivdly remembered You
from the widly imaginative Me,
I shall write a soppy letter
filled with happiness
and delirious joy
that encompasses all thing physical

To the undoubtedly passionate You
from the strugglingly inadequate Me,
I shall write an application
of submission, of requisition
for the necessary skills I need
to cover you with the satisfaction you deserve

To the brilliantly astute You
from the sometimes surprisingly naive Me,
I shall write a long and winding letter
that covers up all my frailties
and tries to wind around a million corners,
and skirts the issues that hound me all day

To the soft and gently soothing You
from the brash, and often uncouth Me,
I shall write a request
of understanding, of compassion
of togetherness, of uncompromising friendship
and of a bond that will endure

Everything.
Including You and Me.

utekkare,

Pranay

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Vidya said...

This is brilliant! A poem that captures the ramblings of a divided self, into you and me and longing for completion, for unification of the inner self...

17 December, 2005 15:01  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page