http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

29 June, 2005

Murder the Muse

I am SICK
of unrequited love and devotion
and would gleefully kick
a smiling infant into the ocean

I've no patience with tears nurtured on sorrow
Bah! I'm more worried about my lunch tomorrow

Similes, allegories, metaphors, allusions
meter, rhyme, theme - give me contusions...

What do I write, why do I write
where do I write and what is right?

What's worse is I can't
Apathy whines a constant cant
This is too mundane, that too trite
The one too dull, the other brassy-bright

I skunk around with a guilty face
Knowing I should write
But lacking the pace

"The pen is might"
That's a true thought
"Ho hum I may, I might"
Then again, I might not...

waiting till I can write again!
Richa

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger manisha lakhe said...

:)

'kicking an infant' reminded me of my favorite poet/artist edward gorey! well done!

29 June, 2005 22:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this totally cracked me up, "gleefully kick a smiling infant into the ocean" an image
and really liked how you lead into "Bah! I'm more worried about my lunch tomorrow...Similes, allegories, metaphors, allusions
meter, rhyme, theme - give me contusions..."

Altogether, exactly the frustration I've been thinking about. Ugh and Nice.

04 July, 2005 16:30  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page