http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

20 April, 2005

Bottle-brush bliss

It hasn't grown
the family moans,
Such a wild and ugly tree.
Ma defends it, as mothers will
"'tis Nature running free".

Dad shakes his head
He's heard it said,
there are beauties in the park-
glowing, vivid, sparkling still;
Our tree is dull and dark.

The years have flown.
Now Summer's blown
it's warmth into a spring sunrise.
I wake at 6 and look outside
lo! a radiant red surprise.

My bottle-brush blooms
O'er all it's glory looms.
God's own gift to me today.
Fat luscious flowers
in splendid bright array.

The garden is re-born
No longer forlorn
We’ve been hungry for this sight.
Ma proudly beams
She knew her gem would give delight

(In a week or two, the bottle-brush flowers wilted and once again there is dull, dark green outside my bedroom window. But now I know there's a magic asleep in there, and one spring morning, once again........)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger livinghigh said...

tis a lovely thought, and a lovely poem.
;-) reminded me a lot about school days, i dunno why. sigh... *happy*

20 April, 2005 13:07  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

As I read this poem I was also reading the possible sub-text in what it says and that's what i really liked abt the poem - it's ability to lend itself to a contrapuntal reading...

Taken as it is - it's a very sweet verse that brought a smile to my face!

20 April, 2005 16:22  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page