http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

14 February, 2005

Poem for Valentine's Day

Amazing what a year can do.
By this time last year I’d sent you

my wish, clipped to a lover’s fears
(your laughter still fills my ears).

But that was a good twelvemonth ago,
and I daresay there’s much to show

for the ravage, and the grim
plunder of the interim.

Amazing how two lusts in spate
could so direly devastate:

one that sucked your lover whole,
and the one of blood that burnt my soul…

It’s that time of year again,
the fervid mating season when

a few like me would choose
oblivion to a lover’s shoes.

But I who know the who and where,
can laugh at them, past all care.

***

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB: As always your poetry leaves me a little bit vulnerable and a whole lot humbled. Hugs my dear friend.
--Ph
http://phantasmagoria.rediffblogs.com

14 February, 2005 03:42  
Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

It is getting so
that I read and know
this must come from the hand
of that speckled band...
signature you.

14 February, 2005 16:18  
Blogger Pincushion said...

'But I who know the who and where,
can laugh at them, past all care.'

..and that sums it all !
you weave magic with words :)
Thank you for sharing.

16 February, 2005 00:34  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page