http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

16 December, 2004

Disparate Dreams

It's your breath
That gives shape
To the love lining
My falling tear drops

-------

Silence pours
Out of my palms
An offering of peace
To my distant goddess

------

You spoke and went
Leaving me there
To sift through the sands
For your vented words

------

Two full stops
And yet
My heart beats
The familiar rhythm

-------

Your mouth
Wraps around my words
Rolling them around
Like fresh green grapes

--------

I thought I felt
You yesterday
In a thought that
Kissed my lonely lips

-------

I woke up
And thought of you
Sitting in a chair
Covered by
My blanket of love

--------

It is evening
And I await
Your call-
My evening star

(15/12/2004)

-------

All the thrills of life
if distilled will not fill
my eyes with enough
tears to cry for a love
lost without you.

--------

Trace my eyebrows
With your rhymes
As they arch over
Your words left unsaid

(13/12/2004)

---------

My voice remained
Alone-
Inside your
Partitioned heart

-------

I look in the mirror
To find those dreams
You carved
On my concave cheeks

(11/12/2004)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger manisha lakhe said...

who is the distant one? who is your evening star? whose vented words? which sands? who is this beautiful woman? absolutely wonderful, anil...another time i would have said overwhelm us slowly, but not today...

16 December, 2004 18:55  
Blogger Anil said...

Manisha: As always thank you so much...you are a great source of encouragement. And I've to confess that your poetry is a great source of inspiration for me!

Hmm..I've to admit that I did not understand the latter half of your comment. Could you explain/clarify a bit? In the end coming to your questions...well they will have to remain unanswered....for now.

16 December, 2004 22:05  
Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

the last one's my favourite :)

17 December, 2004 14:37  
Blogger Anil said...

Max: Thank you for your kind words..I shall keep trying :)

Annie: Thank you :)

17 December, 2004 16:30  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page