http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

18 November, 2004

Physical Fascination

Desire
Like a cup of hot coffee
On a cold day
Invaded my body
Your warmth
Seeping through
Strangely leaving
My heart cold—
For you take
Only to leave
With a part of me
And you drink
Only to leave me
Parched.
Yet desire for you
Like an addiction
Overwhelms
And your heat
Surprises me
For you don’t seem
To care
About the coldness
Within the heat
Of my responding body.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Pragya said...

Wow! This gets right to the heart of the matter of how things often are, in the matters of desire, from the female perspective.

18 November, 2004 21:35  
Blogger Pragya said...

Wow! This gets right to the heart of the matter of how things often are, in the matters of desire, from the female perspective.

18 November, 2004 21:37  
Blogger scribe said...

I like the simplicity, and the metaphor. Quite apart from understanding the emotion as only a woman can; no, unfair - perhaps a man could too.

20 November, 2004 11:23  
Blogger Pranay the Srinivasan said...

and the ebb
of the rush
brought upon me
the sigh of
gentle relief
as i slid into
the pallor
of insiduousness
unbecoming
the worst person
i could
impersonate

and for what?
for whom?
for....
an undying
morsel of
togetherness
that
promised
more...
much more

but alas..
and now
i
am cold
very cold.
again...

22 November, 2004 17:53  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page