http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

16 November, 2004

Notes from Port Angelis

Part I

Grains of sand slide over my eyes scraping my lenses of illusion
I wanted a piece of the unseen river to be where I left it years ago
However, as the years slanted past and I moved each vein at a time to readjust the memories and ease the weight, my unseen river too inched away with its bottle green moss floating just under the clear sheet of water
Today I just want a sky to remain where I will not lose my wings

Part II

I will exchange every inch of word you have ever uttered for those you never will
Walk, if you can go so far that every telephone booth is a light year away
Sing, if you see a green sky and a kite that obstinately flies
Laugh, if you think of mirrors we read through our broken shards of glass
Bleed, if you must, till you soak and you sink and you loosen those spots that give you away

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

This is wonderful! Very competent writing, Arundhati!

16 November, 2004 18:11  
Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

Bhishon shundor! Onek din dekha-shaakkhyaat nei keno?

16 November, 2004 18:15  
Blogger Anil said...

Beautiful Arundathi...loved both parts...esp. the imagery.

16 November, 2004 23:20  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is indeed beautiful. Part I is obviously about the shattering of illusions and there seems to be a sadness attached to it. Part II comes to me as a release of something locked inside - the true self? the one hiding behind all those illusions?
The imagery is really amazing.

17 November, 2004 00:26  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page