http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

16 November, 2004

But

I love you my darling, but
Please don’t use my bathroom,
And sleep to my left,
Don’t ever, ever leave me bereft of my blanket;
Eat my sandwiches or nothing at all,
I refuse to make idlis just for you
And dear, don’t be misled,
This coffee I get you every morning
Is not a sign of my love,
I make it for myself,
And just get you another cup.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

The perfect meaning of the word 'tart' - adjective, not noun! Delightful!

16 November, 2004 21:38  
Blogger Gosling said...

Lovely! Can't stop grinning. :D

17 November, 2004 01:30  
Blogger khuto said...

Hi Nisha! I had seen this poem at one point when I had somehow reached your blog -- and right then it struck me as a very moving and powerful poem. . . Glad you moved it to Caferati!

17 November, 2004 08:39  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Electrifyingly powerful piece! It's a welcome change from the vows of cherishing, being faithful and life-long companionship one associates with "Being in Love"! Excellent!

17 November, 2004 11:45  
Blogger incognito said...

Thanks a lot everyone :-)

17 November, 2004 13:02  
Blogger manisha lakhe said...

your best so far!

17 November, 2004 15:57  
Blogger zigzackly said...

Very, very nice.

17 November, 2004 17:40  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page