http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

26 October, 2004

Shades

When i went out, it was sunny,
so i put on my shades.
And you said I forgot
to tell you I’m getting married.
Please be happy for me.
So i put on my shades and smiled.
People in the train looked
suspiciously
at my red eyes and straggly hair.
i could have assured each one of them
that it wasn’t a hash induced glaze
but it seemed much easier to put on my shades;
So I came back enclosed
in my portable, personal dark.
And then i took off my shades.

From long ago and far away

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger junoesque said...

loved "portable, personal dark"- my shades are indispensable for me...more so when my face gives me away completely..most of the time...

27 October, 2004 11:27  
Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

can't help but think of those exit wounds we were speaking of....
nice :)

28 October, 2004 13:41  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Insightful - amazing how hiding emotions and thoughts has become such a habit/necessity amongst us that its almost a tick...

28 October, 2004 23:11  
Blogger zigzackly said...

Ritu, Shilpa, Annie, Geetanjali,
Thank you.
Max,
i used to be a keen student of kinesics too, once upon a time.

01 November, 2004 16:34  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page