http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

15 October, 2004

machilipatnam syndrome: mindless ramblings in the middle of a busy day

i just want to write and be liberated,
my soul is captured in a net of mental bondages.
and every day is a battle between the mortal me and the immortal me,
i am a river,
trapped by worldly desires and responsibilities
by relations and reasons,
by loyalties and treasons.
and everyday i walk
with a knowledge that i dont want any of these
and that they are nothing to me and i am nothing to them
and still i carry on,
with self consuming zealous strength.
this albatross around my neck
when i know that liberty is all i desire
why, o why
can i not sever the strings and fly

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...you know what I could relate with the first half of this post a lot...but I feel that it somehow lost direction in the latter half..but all the same an admirable effort.

-Anil
http://arthedains.rediffblogs.com

16 October, 2004 06:49  
Blogger incognito said...

'...this albatross around my neck
when i know that liberty is all i desire
why, o why
can i not sever the strings and fly'

This doesn't seem to go with the beginning of your poem, as u start with the imagery of a river. It is very tempting for the reader (ok, maybe just me) to reply to your question (tho rhetoric): ' cuz u are a river :-)'

Good effort Titash.

19 October, 2004 12:06  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page