http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

15 October, 2004

Influences...

Clean Page

Please take your
divine eraser
and slowly
but surely
rub out
everything
that I think
that I feel
that I believe
is me.

gently blow on the paper
so the shavings are gone too.

I don’t want
I don’t need
anyone
or anything
called me
anymore.

________________________


Mixing Colors

When I dipped my red paintbrush
Into your paint pot of white,

I saw you smile.

I also watched the red
Swirl lazily in the white.

You began to laugh.

I spattered more red in
Brashly, just to be unruly

You just shook the pot.

I saw then -- the blues, greens
and my red, all swirling inside.

You made me see.

My brush is white now
But it paints rainbow colors.

I smile the same smile as you.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

Clean Page... I wish I'd written that one :)

15 October, 2004 11:14  
Blogger zigzackly said...

Worth the wait. :) Encore!

15 October, 2004 12:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mixing colours truely brings a smile.love to read some more.

16 October, 2004 11:42  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page