http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

29 October, 2004

The Bridge

1.

Pausing for breath
I stand in the middle
Of a rickety old bridge
And see
The sun setting in front of me
And the moon rising behind.
I stare at my shadow
In the red
And my reflection
In silver.
The waters rise.

2.

I am now thirsty
And I sleep on my feet
Like a horse
Like a tired racehorse,
Sleeping to forget
My dry throat.
I dream
Of stars
Burning the sky
And falling
Like tear streaks.

3.

Somebody
Must have made
This old bridge
For others to cross
To the other side.
I think
I should jump now
And swim.
Perhaps then
I’d develop
Muscles on my arms.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Anil said...

Very,very nice....loved every part of it...especially the way each part ended!

29 October, 2004 15:01  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Loved the imagery...end of the poem took me by surprise though! :-)

01 November, 2004 12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page