http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

14 September, 2004

Elope

I watched the wall
The shadows fall
The sun go down behind me

The dazzling white
Awaiting the night
Caught fire like the old fir tree

I waited for long
Singing our old song
The minutes went a-tripping by

Till I saw our star
Heard the old guitar
And the jingle of the old jalopy

Packed my tin suitcase
Wore my dress of lace
Then I tip toed out into the night

Where lover boy sat
In his cow-boy hat
With a button hole in the moon light

There was silence then
Dare not say till when
Then we both did straighten up there

Lip-stick on his shirt
Said I “Wouldn’t hurt”
Cause the button hole caught in my hair

In his tin can car
Sixty miles an hour
We cruised among stars up high

And the Man on the Moon
Knew we’d be there soon
Away we had taken flight!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger zigzackly said...

charming!

15 September, 2004 18:00  
Blogger Sreekesh Menon said...

All the cries from the back
Shadowed by their racing hearts
And these lovers heard
Before their heavenly journey
Was the sound of the double barrell
Blowing up the rear tires.

06 December, 2004 10:26  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page