http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

26 September, 2004

Ahem, vagina blurbs !

Hi Caferati,

This is my blog for today, hours before my birthday, so if you want to throw brickbats, please hold them for 24 hours in the name of decency.

I have been meaning to dispel a cloud of thoughts that's been meandering in my brain since a week after having experienced an interesting event.

Picture this : a staid audience of about a thousand anxious parents of school kids, enjoying a show where kids dance and sing and frolic. Just before intermission, the chief guest, a very housewifely chief guest, a theatre personality gets up to address the quiet audience.

She tells us about the dual faux pas committed by a friend who was incidentally a chief guest at some other similar function. She chirped two illtimed quotes :
Mark Twain : I do not want schooling to ruin my education!
Oscar Wilde : I never allowed my schooling to interefere with my education....

Whilst the audience titters lightheartedly she drops her own bomb without a warning :-
There was this play The Vagina Monologues, which when banned in Chennai forced the director to explain, they have no vaginas in Chennai, only assholes.

Only I tittered and about a thousand pairs of eyes glowered. I liked the humour, let the rest be damned to hell. The audience treated me like a leper, with looks that could kill.

The thundering silence that greeted the chirpy lady's immaculate humour can only be described as a glacial avalanche wherein ice, pure and mindless ice buries everything in sight.

My amusement petered off soon enough, and I was left wondering, how thin is the line separating one man's humour from another's affront.

Human life never ceases to amaze me. I bet you got something to say about this !

Ahem.

Cheers !

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Max,

Serious thought on your birthday!

The writer could have called it "Yoni monologues" and it would perhaps have been more acceptable!

hahahah!

John

28 September, 2004 11:06  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page